Monday, December 27, 2010

Alkaline Recipes

As I start to show off some of my alkaline recipes I want to first say that I am not a perfect or fancy cook. I like to keep things simple. I prefer meals in a bowl...often in bite sizes....and in soup form is my ideal. I don't do a lot of measuring. If I read a recipe I almost always alter it. I also cook based on cravings...so you will see a lot of repetition of ingredients....like tofu, tofu, tofu then collards, collards. I let my body tell me what I need. This is something that started to come easily to me after I became a vegetarian.

Also- I am new to being alkaline. I started on Nov 17, 2010. I am trying to be 100% alkaline as I go through chemo but I am not perfect. My recipe ideas are aiming for perfect alkalinity but they may not be exact so don't just trust me on this stuff. Please do your own research.

Recipe Above...
Roasted green beans. Fresh green beans drizzeled with olive oil and roasted for about 10 min.
Quinoa (Keen-Wa). Saute can of diced tomatoes in juice w lots of garlic, onion, basil and collard greens chopped tiny.
This was very, very good. I made this again for a pot luck dinner and it got rave reviews. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment