Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Why on Earth would a person be vegetarian?

What makes a person be a vegetarian anyway?!?!
Well, I have to tell ya that I thought it was about the weirdest thing in the world just a few year back. I came from a world of farmers. My grandparents were cow/ then pig farmers. I too raised meat animals in my back yard. I was thrilled to produce quality meat for my family.
I came to it as a result of raising my own meat and other mixed experiences.What I have found about becoming a vegetarian is that is a very personal choice. It cannot be forced or pushed on a person.
I found this definition on the net...
There are a variety of reasons. Many people switch to a vegetarian diet for weight loss and improved health. Some are concerned about the safety of meat following recent outbreaks of salmonella and e. coli bacteria. Others feel that it is moral or spiritual issue. Some individuals deplore the suffering of animals in modern factory farms. Still others are concerned about the environment and world hunger. A few just don’t like meat. For many vegetarians it is a combination of issues.
(little tofu pic was found on the net-its not mine)

No comments:

Post a Comment